This intensive workshop is for complete beginners who want to master paddle boarding and also gain some knowledge of trip planning, safety and rescue, and equipment. The intensive day is 75% practical and 25% theory, so you'll have plenty of time of the water to learn and practice your skills. In the classroom elements we'll offer insights into weather forecasting, local knowledge, trip planning and kit preparation. By the end of the day, many people feel confident exploring the coast and sheltered inland water independently, on days with good conditions.
- A professional and qualified adventure guide
- Premium SUP equipment from Red Paddle Co. & JP Australia
- Warm 5mm wetsuit and all required safety equipment
You Will Need:
- Closed toe footwear for in the water (eg. wetsuit boots, aqua shoes, old trainers)
- Swimwear for under your wetsuit.
- Towel, dry clothes and dry shoes for after.
- Packed lunch or money for snacks.
What experience do I need?
- Comfortable around water and able to swim 25m.
- Generally fit, healthy and able to undertake moderate exercise without difficulty.
We keep a range of neoprene accessories, dry bags and waterproof phone cases available for purchase in-store.
- Sunday 12 April
- Sunday 31 May
- Sunday 5 July
- Sunday 30 August
- Sunday 4 October
Open Workshops • Book Online • Adults and accompanied children ages 14-17
• £99.50 per person
Private Groups • E-mail us to discuss your requirements.
Available dates are highlighted green. Select your preferred date to see available times, then click 'Book Now'. All payments are securely processed by SagePay. You'll receive an e-mail confirmation when your booking is complete. If you prefer to book by telephone, you can reach us on 0191 251 9412.
If you want to give this tour as a gift you can buy a voucher in-store or click here to buy gift vouchers quickly and securely online.