Stand Up Paddleboarding is the fastest growing water sport in the world, yet many paddlers carry little or no safety kit and many don't undertake any pre-trip planning. The Water Skills Academy SUP Safe Workshop is ideal for the paddleboarder who enjoys paddling alone, with family and friends or as part of a group. You'll learn about the essential equipment, skills and rescue techniques to help both yourself and others whilst planning your trip and paddling. You'll also learn how to summon help should you need it. Note, this is not a first aid course.
Our course is delivered by an experienced WSA instructor. Our aim is to provide a relaxed learning environment in a range of environmental conditions. We'll deliver a morning and afternoon session in two different environments, this might include:
- Sheltered tidal water (eg. Cullercoats Bay)
- Sheltered moving water (eg. Tyne Estuary)
- A full day of practical training from a an experienced Water Skills Academy instructor
- Use of an inflatable SUP if required
Wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet is not included, you can hire these as a package for an additional £15 per day if you don't have your own.
To register on this course you should be:
- Aged over 18, or be aged 12-17 and be accompanying an adult on the course.
- Confident paddleboarding in sheltered coastal waters and able to lift and manoever your board
- Have the ability to swim confidently, wearing a wetsuit
- Saturday 25 April
- Saturday 8 August
- Saturday 17 October
Available dates are highlighted green. Select your preferred date to see available times, then click 'Book Now'. All payments are securely processed by SagePay. You'll receive an e-mail confirmation when your booking is complete. If you prefer to book by telephone, you can reach us on 0191 251 9412.