We're starting to resume some activities at CBK's in response to recent relaxation of the lockdown rules. We are making some big changes to how we work to protect the wellbeing of our customers and staff throughout the summer. So what can you expect from us?
We will be moving to pre-booked activities only. We will be unable to accept walk-up customers. This is to ensure:
- We can maintain a safe volume of customers, suitable for our venue capacity.
- All payments are completed in advance, either online or over the phone to minimise contact on the day.
- Customers can provide their size information at the time of booking, so equipment can be readied and fully sanitised in advance of arrival.
- All waivers and disclaimers can be completed online, in advance of arrival. For hire customers you can submit a photo of your ID by email in advance too.
- Customers who are self-isolating can make changes to their booking with as little as 12 hours notice.
Cullercoats HQ (from 1 June)
We’re implementing a number of temporary measures to achieve social distancing and improved hygiene procedures in-store. These include:
- Transparent screening across our counter areas.
- Closure of enclosed changing rooms: instead customers will be provided with freshly laundered changing robes for discreet outdoor changing.
- Separate equipment washdown area, fully isolated from customer areas.
- Staff will be wearing face masks during land-based customer interactions.
- The Snug will be closed to customers to provide a safe break space for staff.
- Reduced programme to limit the number of customers on the premises at any one time.
- Hand sanitiser stations at entry point to the building. Handwashing facilities on both floors of the building.
Washdown of Equipment
We hire a range of equipment for use during activities, ensuring this is sanitised between users is of the highest importance:
- Improved four-step sanitising process for wetsuits, buoyancy aids, helmets: rinse, 15-minute steep in anti-viral Milton bath, rinse again, dry. This will be undertaken by our team to ensure it is consistently adhered to.
- Boats, boards and paddles to be sanitised between using soap and water.
- Sanitised equipment will be marked with ‘I’m Clean’ labels so you can be confident the process has been completed.
Remote Venues (eg. Quayside, St Mary’s Island, Durham)
Due to the reduced capacity of our Cullercoats venue we may be operating an increased number of activities in remote, open-air venues. We will implement the same equipment hygiene procedures at these venues. Additional considerations are:
- Meeting and greeting customers in an open-air environment only.
- Ensuring the venue provides sufficient space for safe social distancing during changing, warm-up, launching and during the activity.
Adapting activities for social distancing
We will still undertake guided tours and equipment hire; these will be modified to account for social distancing guidelines.
- Individual warm-ups rather than team games.
- Using individual craft. Tandems are recommended only for members of the same household.
- Maintaining 2m distance whilst on the water.
- Risk assessments to be updated to consider changes in emergency service provision.
Due to our reduced programme at Cullercoats we will have the opportunity to offer some new products and services that utilise our surplus equipment. These include:
- Long-term hire options for those who prefer to keep their equipment at home.
- Discounted brand-new wetsuits for customers who prefer to buy rather than hire a wetsuit.
- Discounts for customers who wish to bring their own boat or SUP on our guided activities.
- Launch of an online store and local home delivery for all ex-rental and new equipment sales.
If you would like to discuss how we will manage social distancing on your upcoming activity, feel free to e-mail us via email@example.com or tel: 0191 251 9412. Your safety and wellbeing is always our number one priority.
|COVID 19 Risk Assessment v2.1.pdf||251.73 KB|