Identification & Mobile Phone Policy
Customers looking to hire equipment on a self-guided basis are required to show government issued ID (eg. passport, driving licence) prior to the hire commencing. For safety reasons, if leaving Cullercoats Bay, we strongly advise a member of each party to carry a mobile phone at all times, in certain conditions we may make this compulsory. Waterproof cases are available to purchase in store at additional cost, but we accept no responsibility for any loss or damage associated with misuse or failure of the case.
Advance Booking Policy
Customers that wish to book hires, tours and lessons in advance are required to pay in full at the time of booking, except in the following circumstances:
- Private Tours & Groups: A deposit of 50% of the total price is payable at the time of booking. The remainder of the balance is due at least 14 days prior to the reserved booking date.
Cancellation Policy (excluding multi-day trips, private tours and groups)
- Participants cancelling 7 days or more prior to the reserved booking date will have the option of rescheduling the booking, receiving a refund gift certificate in the amount of the cancelled booking, or a full monetary refund.
- Participants canceling between 6 and 2 days prior to the reserved booking date will not receive a monetary refund but may reschedule the booking or receive a refund gift certificate in the amount of the cancelled booking.
- Participants cancelling less than 2 days prior to the reserved booking date will not receive a refund. Participants who do not show up on the reserved booking date will also not receive a refund.
- COVID-19 exemption: should you become symptomatic or need to self-isolate, we will accept as little as 12 hours notice to reschedule your booking.
Cancellation Policy (Private Tours and Groups)
- Participants cancelling 21 days or more prior to the reserved booking date will have the option of rescheduling the booking, receiving a refund gift certificate in the amount of the cancelled booking, or a full monetary refund.
- Participants cancelling between 20 and 7 days prior to the reserved booking date will not receive a monetary refund but may reschedule the booking or receive a refund gift certificate in the amount of the cancelled booking.
- Participants cancelling less than 7 days prior to the reserved booking date will not receive a refund. Participants who do not show up on the reserved booking date will also not receive a refund.
Cancellation Policy (multi-day trips)
Deposits are non-refundable. Balance payments are refundable if cancelled more than 12 weeks in advance. If cancelling with less than 12 weeks notice, or in the event of a no-show, no refund will be payable.
Our Right to Cancel
Although we always endeavour to notify customers in advance, for safety reasons we do reserve the right to cancel, modify or restrict hires or activities at any time prior to or during the hire/activity without prior notification. Customers will be entitled to the following if we cancel an activity (except in event our behaviour policy being breached). This policy will apply in the event that UK government advice suddenly limits our activities in response to the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Hires and activities less than 50% complete: Rearrangement, credit note valid for two years or full monetary refund of activity cost.
- Hires and activities more than 50% complete: Rearrangement of activity to an alternative date or credit note valid for two years.
No compensation will be payable for any other expenses or losses customers incur in relation to the cancellation of the activity.
Refunds & Returns
Retail Goods: You have 28 days to return an item to our store. All returned items have to be as new, with no signs of wear or use, and all tags and packaging intact. You will only receive a refund, replacement or exchange for these items if you can present your original till receipt.
Ex-rental goods are excluded from this policy. These are sold as seen and we do not accept returns.
Gift Certificates: These are sold on a non-refundable basis.
Refund Method: If you are entitled to a refund, we can only refund you to the original payment method. If we are refunding to a gift certificate please ensure it is still valid as it is not possible to extend them.
Credit Notes (Activities): If you accept a credit note for a cancelled tour or activity, it is valid for two years. Credit notes are non-refundable.
We reserve the right to cancel any activity or hire without prior notification in the event of customers or member of their party exhibiting bad behaviour. No refund will be payable in this circumstance. Examples of bad behaviour are:
- Violating the terms of the Waiver & Risk Acknowledgement.
- Misuse, abandonment or wilful neglect of the equipment hired to them.
- Engaging in behaviour that has the potential to damage their equipment or a third party’s belongings.
- Engaging in behaviour that may endanger or cause injury to themselves or a third party.
- Failure to wear the required safety equipment issued to them at the start of the hire/activity.
- Littering, damaging or polluting the aquatic or shoreline environment and/or disturbing animals.
This site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed. Information on this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information, including product pricing and availability, may be changed or updated without notice. CBK's Adventure Company LTD reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, and/or cancel orders in its discretion, including, without limitation, if CBK's Adventure Company LTD believes that customer conduct violates applicable law or is harmful to the interests of CBK's Adventure Company LTD.